The season of Lent
- The Holy Eucharist is celebrated each Wednesday at 7:00 am and 11:00 am.
- Stations of the Cross is offered on Wednesdays at 6:00 pm.
- Lenten Soup Dinner at 6:30 pm and a study of C.S. Lewis’ book “Screwtape Letters” follows.
- Guest Preacher on Sunday, March 30 at the 9:00 and 11:15 am services. Sharon Steinmiller, Director of the New Wineskins Missionary Network.
- The Gabriel Fauré “Requiem in D Minor” will be performed by St. John’s Choir, to the accompaniment of organ and harp on Sunday, April 6 at 5:00 pm. Reception following. All are invited!
- Lent Outreach: South Central Alliance Food Drive: The Outreach Committee are collecting the following items, Canned fruit and vegetables, juice, tea, Crystal Light, soups or Ramen noodles, canned meats of any kind, pudding, jello, custard, peanut butter, jelly, macaroni and cheese, canned ravioli, Hamburger or Tuna Helper, boxed mixes (pancake, biscuit, cake, etc), snacks and crackers, cereal, oatmeal, grits, and any other nonperishable food item. Donations can be brought to the Parish Office or left at the Outreach Table.
Holy Week and Easter Day
- Maundy Thursday, April 17 at 7:00 pm. The Holy Eucharist with Choir, Footwashing, the Stripping of the Altar, the Altar of Repose and the All Night Watch.
- Good Friday Liturgy, April 18 at 12 Noon and at 7:00 pm with the Choir.
- Great Vigil of Easter, April 19, 8:00 pm. The First Eucharist of Easter.
- Easter Day, April 20, the Holy Eucharist celebrated at 8:00 (1928 BCP), 9:00 and 11:15 am. Flowering the Cross and Children’s sermon at 9:00 am and Easter Egg Hunt at 10:30 am.