Stephen Ministry is a ministry of caring that is grounded in our Lord’s command to love one another. Through building one-to-one caring relationships and trust those who are hurting receive the love and care they need.
Would you benefit by having a Stephen Minister assigned to you?
- Is life more than you can handle alone right now?
- Is your health, your attitude, or your relationships suffering?
- Are you adjusting to a new job, change in marital status, a serious illness, the death of a loved one, or a recent move?
- Would you like to have someone in your life that really cares?
- Everyone goes through difficult times. Having someone to care, to listen, and to share God’s love with you can help you get through the confusion, stress, or loneliness you may be experiencing.
What is Stephen Ministry?
Stephen Ministers are trained to assist the clergy in the care and nurturing of a congregation. A Stephen Minister will call on you on a pre-determined regular, weekly basis to be a listening, caring friend.
A Stephen Minister is …
- A child of God who walks beside a person who is hurting.
- A caring, Christian friend who takes the time to really listen and not judge.
- A lay person who has received over 50 hours of training in how to provide distinctively Christian care in a completely confidential manner.
For more information about receiving a Stephen Minister please call the Parish Office at 817-927-5341.
Please call the Parish Office and let us know of anyone who may needs attention and God’s healing and helping Hand.