The mission of St. John's is to grow in Christ. We believe that being a Christian is committing oneself to a certain way of life. Our mission is to invite people to participate in the fullness of this life by opening new doors of entry into the church and teaching people what it means to be disciples of Jesus. Our videos have been developed to give you a good sense of how we worship, what we believe about God and His church, about being a Christian in today's culture, what the Bible says, the life of grace, our parish life, and so much more. Enjoy, and may God richly bless you.
St. John’s is open for worship during the COVID-19 Pandemic. This is what to look forward too.
- Our seating and sanctuary is completely sanitized after each service.
- Masks are encouraged but not required. The blue mask is disposable. There is a trash container on the way out. The cloth mask will be washed and sanitized.
- Proper social distance of 6 feet between persons is required. Families and spouses may sit together.
- All worship aids, bulletins, scripture insert, and other items must be taken with you or put in the blue recycle bin on your way out.
- The 11:15 am service is live-streamed for the benefit of those who must remain at home. This means you will have the inconvenience of looking at an iPhone on a tripod near the entrance of the Altar. The readings, sermon, and prayers will be given at the gate so it can all be included in the live-stream. At some point this will change but it just takes time.
We currently have three services. All three are the Holy Eucharist. Saturday Vigil 6:00 pm (1928 BCP), Sunday 8:00 am (1928 BCP) and 11:15 am (2019 BCP) with choir. All three are held in the main sanctuary.
- 6:00 pm and 8:00 am. Enter using the Lady Chapel entrance. Please use the pews labeled “A”.
- 11:15 am. Enter using the main doors or Lady Chapel doors. Please use Pews labeled “B”.
- Reception of Holy Communion is not at the Altar Rail but on the main floor. The clergy will facilitate. The Chalice is not currently used.
We live-stream on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from the Lady Chapel at 1:00 pm.
The Very Rev. David F. Klein, SSC, Rector.